Sunday, November 13, 2011

Mummy, can I make cookies today?

Issie is the house cookie maker - and she makes a mean choc-chip cookie, from scratch, no packet mixes.

Usually, that question would rarely even need an answer, much to the detriment of my ever expanding hips and waistline!

This morning, however, cookies are out.


No, she's not high, in fact she's running a little low, as she has been for the last few days. The problem today is that there is NO ROOM in the kitchen, or anywhere else in the house in fact, to make cookies!!!

Every surface of my kitchen counters is covered in various supplies - divided into various sections, Issie's diabetes supplies, Tim's diabetes supplies, Tim's school lunch bits and pieces for the school week staying at his Dad's place, Heidi Puppy's dog food, treats etc, Fluffy's cat food, treats, fresh bag of litter for her litter box!

The dining room table is covered with toiletries, Issie's clothing in piles, shoes, cameras, hats...

The top of the piano is covered with my computer charger, camera charger, batteries - anything electronic that has to come along with me.

The sofa in the living room is covered with my own clothing, and scattered all over the house are suitcases and duffel bags.

There are sleeping bags airing over the armchairs, baskets of school shirts to be ironed for Timmy to take to his Dad's place.

Next year, I think I will start preparing for school camp on the first day of the school year. 

So, there will be no cookie making today.

Sorry Issie!



No comments:

Post a Comment