Friday, September 7, 2012

A very long but productive week...

I told the kids at the start of the week that this week would be a bit manic and I have to say that that was a bit of an understatement!

After getting one child up at 5:30am so that I could get him to school on time to get the bus to his regional athletics carnival it was then Uni on Monday - and handing in the 2nd of 2 assignments due within a week of each other (and now to get started on the next 2).

Tuesday was another early start - getting the other child up at 5:30am for the same reason - another regional athletics carnival (thankfully next year they'll both be in high school so will attend these things on the same day!) then a meeting about JDRF's 2012 Kids In The House event in the city.

Wednesday was work.

Thursday doing my bit at JDRF headquarters in Sydney, getting on the phone with my 2012 Kids In The House ChairMum hat on. No point heading home from there on Thursday evening because I then had to head to Doltone House in Pyrmont for the iBGStar Launch!

It was a lovely night and I finally met in person so many people I have been in contact with either online or via the phone over the last 18 months. I was also very lucky to meet some amazing people I have heard about but never been in contact with, including Dr Gary Deed, Team Type 1 Cyclist Justin Morris, and Director of "Type 1 Diabetes Network" - Susan Greenbank

Although I didn't get to meet Chef, Michael Moore - I just wanted to say to you Michael - the food was fabulous and I loved hearing your perspective of live with diabetes. I had a quick look at Michael's new recipe book "Blood Sugar" and you can be sure that this will find it's way to my bookshelf in the very near future - as soon as I pay off the enormous parking fine I (and I suspect many others) found on my car after the event!





You may remember that the kids and I were asked to participate in a video news release about the iBGStar - and this video was shown at the launch! How exciting!

So, without further adieu...



Well, on that note I will finish this post!

I also want to say to my lovely fellow multiple T1D Mum, Meri - you and your beautiful family have been in my thoughts and prayers constantly.


No comments:

Post a Comment