So, here are our first impressions:
- Set-up is easy - very simple to set up time and date.
- Screen very clear and easy to read - light is great.
- Menu options easy to access and understand - these include:
- Mem (Memory)
- Stats (Statistics)
- AVG (Averages)
- Meal (for viewing results for different meals)
- Graph (to look at graph of readings)
- Tag (haven't looked at this one yet)
- Range (to set target range - before and after meals)
- Beep (sounds - easy to turn on and off)
- Hypo (set alarm to alert hypos based on your own personal settings)
- Hyper (set alarm to alert high BGL based on your own personal settings)
- Love the ability to be able to quickly and easily set Hypo and Hyper alarms. My son generally runs a bit lower and his hypo limit is lower than his sister - so it's not a "one size fits all" system. This is also the case with hyper limits.
- Uses a TINY amount of blood for testing and results are really quick.
- Doing control test is simple and kit comes with control solution.
- Nice and small.
The only negative so far - but then, this is a negative for ALL BGL meters...
WHEN ARE THEY GOING TO STOP MAKING EVERY SINGLE BGL METER POUCH BLACK???
Thankfully this one has the BGStar logo on the front of the pouch - so if it's buried at the bottom of a bag you're more likely to see it - but seriously - black meter bags are BORING!
As for the lancet device - my kids won't use it. They hate the lancet devices that use single lancets and prefer either the MultiClix or FastClix made by AccuChek - the barrel with 6 lancets in it makes it more hygienic because the kids can easily change the lancet without immediately having to find a sharps bin to put the old lancet in.