Thursday, September 8, 2011

Oops - nearly missed Clinic Day ... again!

So, had just dropped the kids at school - was about to go make my morning coffee, much needed after way too many interruptions to my sleep last night, when I received a phone call from the D clinic at the hospital.

Receptionist: "Hi, sorry I didn't call yesterday to confirm, was off work sick - but just a friendly reminder about clinic day."

Me: "Hey, that's okay - wasn't expecting a call from you until tomorrow anyway - can I just double check the time of the appointment - I have the date in my calendar but for some reason not the time."

Receptionist: "Why would I call tomorrow? The clinic appointment is today at 10:30am!"

Oh dear - I'm sure the lovely receptionist just rolls her eyes every time she has to phone me!

Looked frantically through my calendar - and sure enough - there it is, Clinic Day, Thursday 8 September, 10:30am!

For some crazy reason I had 12 September in my head - even though everywhere else it was listed as 8 September.

Still partially in my pyjamas (just threw on a pair of track-pants when I took the kids to school so that my pyjama top didn't look so much like pyjamas) - had to call school to tell them that I had to pick Miss I up from school before classes even started!

Of course the calendar alarm I had set for today's appointment went off just as Miss I and I were heading off to the appointment!

Definitely a bad case of "D-Brain" happening here! Soooooo forgetful!!!

Oh well, we made it on time and when scheduling next Clinic Day appointments set 2 audio reminders so that I could not possibly get the date wrong!

I suppose this is to be expected when you live on only a few hours sleep a night. Last night was a case in point. The kids are trialling a nocturnal hypoglycaemia device at the moment and, in addition to their regular overnight tests, the devices had automatically set alarms to wake me so that I could "recalibrate" them because they were apparently not happy with the BGL's I'd entered in before bed.

This would not be that much of an issue for just one kid - but with 2 kids and 2 devices - it had set different alarms based on the kids different bedtime BGL's! One of the devices had set a recalibration alarm for 10:30pm and the other for 12:30am - add to that my usual 3am BGL check - and the alarm that went off on Master T's device at 1:20am due to a "system error", and then the "Hypo Alert" alarm that went off on Miss I's device at 4:45am! Geez, no wonder I'm so tired!



No comments:

Post a Comment