Monday, May 2, 2011

The first post

Well, this is scary - what do I write?

Okay - how about a bit of an intro.

You already know that I'm a single mum with two kids with Type 1 Diabetes! So, you know that I'm exhausted, I look 10 years older than I really am, I stress about absolutely everything, and I have the remarkable ability to be able to tell you the carb content of every single food item in the supermarket!

If you're reading this blog you probably have a kid with T1D yourself, so I'll ask this question - how many times have you received strange looks from other people when they overhear you telling your kid that they can't eat something because it has too many carbs! I swear there are people who think that I've got my kids on some weird Atkins diet.

But, as a parent of a T1D kid you'd be used to getting strange looks from lots of people for lots of reasons.

Pretty simple - you don't live it... you don't get it.

Well, dinner was ready about 15 minutes ago - my kids need to be fed!

On the menu tonight:

Roast chicken (Carb content: 0 grams)
Corn on the Cob (small) (Carb content:  12.5 grams)
Carrots (Carb content:  4.1 grams)
Broccoli (Carb content: 0 grams)

Total Carbs:  16.6g

Looks like the kids can have dessert tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment